SUMMER MEANS LONG DRESSES
Summer is just round the corner and we can’t wait to slip into our favourite maxi dresses. Long dresses are the perfect choice for most occasions and for an easy breezy feeling in the scorching heat.
Let us look at a few ways to sashay in long dresses this summer –
1. The Cocktail Dress – we don’t need much explanation as to what a cocktail dress is. All cocktail party invitations are incomplete if you don’t show up in the right cocktail dress. An ideal cocktail dress is floor length, is commissioned in fabrics like satin or sequin or glitter dress material and may or may not have a side slit. A cocktail dress is as glam as it can get, however you may find simpler maxi dresses online that can pass off as cocktail dresses if you are someone who likes to keep it simple and sophisticated.
2. The Beach Dress – the perfect vacation dress if you’re headed to the beaches, is a nice flowly long maxi dress. These dresses can be commissioned in solid colours as well as prints, especially loud florals. The ideal beach dress comes in a light cotton fabric or a soft chicken fabric.
3. The Brunch Dress – an ideal brunch dress is usually made with a cottony fabric and comes in light and bright colours like shades of white, yellow, pastels etc. A fun brunch calls for fun prints too like florals, stripes, baroque, polka, or even graphic prints.
4. The daily-wear slip on long dress – some of us take on summers better in long dresses. If you have a job that requires you to dress up to work every day, long dresses can be your go to staples, especially for the difficult summer days. Easy and flowy long dresses are comfortable and allow you to work long hours without feeling uneasy. You can always layer them or style them to get different looks.
5. Bodycon Midi Dress – a bodycon midi dress is also a great summer option specially for formal occasions, as long dresses usually pass off as an informal or casual attire. Shortening the hem of a maxi dress, to make it a somewhat midi dress. A bodycon dress is usually tailored in stretchy fabrics like polyester, spandex, knit-ribs etc. These body-hugging fabrics are comfortable and offer a great silhouette.
Other than that, we’d like to share a few styling tips that can come handy, next time you decude to step out in a long dress -
- Pair your long dress with a pair of simple heels or sandals for a more formal look.
- For a more casual look, try pairing your long dress with a pair of sneakers, flats, or sandals.
- Accessorize with heavy earrings and bracelets to complete your look.
- Add a light jacket or shrug to add a layer of warmth.
- Choose a belt or fabric sash to define your waist and emphasize your curves.
- Layer with a light t-shirt or tank top for added style and coverage.
- Choose a structured or tailored style for a more polished, professional look.
All in all, the best occasions to wear a long dress are formal events such as weddings, galas, and proms. Long dresses also work well for black tie events, dinner parties, and award ceremonies. They can also be worn to special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries, and you can style them however you want. We don’t always need to stick to the rules and we mustn’t be afraid to add our personal style to our looks.